Administration Office, City Clerk Office & Registrar's Office

Municipal Building, 512 Monmouth Street, Gloucester City, NJ 08030

P # (856) 456-0205 Fax # (856) 456-8030

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 8 am to 5 pm

Thursday, 10 am to 7 pm

Friday, Closed

Administrator - Jack Lipsett -

City Clerk/ Registrar of Vital Statistics 

Kathleen M. Jentsch -

Clerk's Office -

                       Employment Application - Application - Click Here


                             Please print out and submit to 512 Monmouth Street

The Clerk's office is responsible for Marriage Licenses, Vital Statistics for Gloucester City, Election Registration, Open Public Records Requests, and certain licenses including pet licensing. In addition, notary services are also provided at this location for no additional fee for Gloucester City residents. If you are not a Gloucester City resident, there is a $5.00 fee for the first sheet and $1.00 for each additional sheet and it is cash only service. Keep in mind that documents to be notarized must be signed in front of the notary and that proof of identification is needed.

NJ Liquor License Applications - Complete the Application & return to City Clerks Office

Click Here to get Forms from State Website

Bingo & Raffle License Applications - Complete the Application &

return to City Clerk's Office

Click Here to get Forms from the State Website

New Jersey Voter Registration Application

Follow the directions on the forms and then mail via usp mail to Camden County.

Click Here to get a copy of the NJ Voter Registration Application Form

Birth, Death &Marriage Certificates

Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates can be acquired if the event occurred in Gloucester City.  The cost is $12 per certificate.

A photocopy of a valid state identification is required.  This would include a valid photo driver's license with current address OR two alternate forms of identification with address such as a non-photo driver's license, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance card, voter registration card, passport, green card, County ID, School ID Work ID, or a utility bill.

The following information must be provided:  name, date of event (birth, death, marriage, or domestic partnership), and the names of both parents (in the event of death or birth).  Applications can be filled out at the City Clerk's Office during business hours.  Certificates will be available the next business day.

Click Here
to download the Birth, Marriage or Death request form
Click Here
for additional Vital Statistics Informations
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions on Vital Statistics

Marriage License Application

For a Marriage License Applications will be available at the Clerk's Office.

The applicants will need to bring their birth certificates or passports, identification and proof of address (driver's license with current address or utility bill with name and current address), and if married previously, divorce papers or death certificate.

Applicants should also know their parents full names including mother's maiden name and where their parents were born.  Applicants will also need to provide the date of the marriage, where the ceremony will be performed including address, and who will perform the ceremony.

A witness will need to accompany the applicants.  If you are filling out the downloaded application, only fill out Page 1.  Page 2 MUST be completed at the City Clerk's office.

The license is $28 and is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.  There is a 72 hour waiting period from when the application is submitted until when it can be issued.

Click Here to download instructions and applications for a Marriage License

Domestic Partnerships

Click Here for information on Domestic Partnerships.

Dog and Cat Licenses

All dogs and cats must be licensed.  Licenses must be renewed annually in January.  A late fee applies to licenses that are not paid by March 29th.  Licenses are available at the City Clerk's office.  All dogs and cats must be licensed by 7 months of age.  An annual free rabies clinic is usually held in October each year at the Public Works building. 

Cat License Forms - Click Here

Dog License Forms - Click Here

Licenses are also required for: Bingo, Curb Setting, Junk Dealer, Liquor, Raffles, Solicitors, Street Opening, Taxicab, Towing, Trailer Park. For further information on these licenses, please contact our office.

Open Public Records Act (OPRA)

To obtain public records from the City of Gloucester, you must complete the OPRA Request Form. OPRA Form - Click Here

                      Municipal Building, 512 Monmouth Street, Gloucester City, NJ 08030     (856) 456-0205 

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Thursday - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM;   Friday - CLOSED

All content copyrighted 2013 of Gloucester City, New Jersey.

Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed, may not be used without permission.

Click Here to Return to Home Page