The responsibility of the Building and Housing Department to:
- Issue Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Permits.
A Construction Permit is required to construct, enlarge, alter or demolish a structure in any way.
- Inspect for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Permits.
- To insure that all construction is in accordance with the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) of New Jersey and its adopted codes.
- Issue UCC violations and/or fines, Certificates of Approval, and Certificates of Occupancy when warranted.
- Issue Dumpster Permits. Article XIII Chapter 87-62. Issue Banner Sign Permits. Article XVI, Section 1604.14.
- Issue Rental Registration and Licensing Certificates (Code 55-14).
- Issue violations of the Property Maintenance Code of Gloucester City, (Codes 55 and/or 66 and/or fines).
- Inspect and issue Certificates of Occupancy. Issue violations of the Certificates of Occupancy (Code 55-13).
|William Ackley||Chief Housing Inspector & Zoning Official|
|Ed Gorman||Construction Code Official and Electrical Sub-Code Official|
|Michael DePalma Sr.||Sub-Code Official - Building, Plumbing and Fire|
|Kyle Wagner||Field Representative Property Improvement|
|Christine Mellon||Technical Assistant|
|Janice Hill||Clerk Typist|
|William Gallagher||Code Enforcement Officer|
|Patrick Gartland||Code Enforcement Officer|